Poker - Texas Hold 'em InstructionsTexas Hold 'em is the most popular poker game in America. Here is a brief explanation on how to play Texas Hold 'em.
1. Everyone is given two cards
2. Betting takes place
3. Dealer burns (throws away) a card and then places three cards in the middle. Everyone can use the cards in the middle.
4. Betting takes place
5. Dealer burns another card and shows one more card
6. Betting takes place
7. Dealer burns another card and shows one last card
8. Final betting and then everyone shows their hand.
You have 2 cards in your hand and a total of 5 cards in the middle. Out of the seven cards, you can use any 5 cards to make your poker hand.
In step 3 above, the first three cards that are turned over is called the 'flop.'
In step 5, the single card that is shown is called the 'turn.'
In step 7, the final card that is shown is called the 'river.'
This is all the explanation I will give. Don't rely on this to learn the game. I am only telling you this information so you can understand the lesson.